Quality Assurance Engineer ( Junior to Mid Level )
We are a US based Mobile app development company that works with startups and big brands.
We’re looking for a “Junior – Mid level Quality Assurance Engineer” to join us.! The right candidate will be working from our dev branch in Sri Lanka, you’ll play a key role in building and shaping mobile and web applications that millions of people will use every day.
You’ll enjoy flexible scheduling, Attractive Salaries, conference/training opportunities.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with Product Management and Software Development teams to develop/validate test scripts, manual and automation.
- Become subject matter experts on product execution and roadmap execution
- Draft, maintain and own test strategies, test scenarios and test cases for the product
- Automate smoke and regression test cases using Selenium and other web-based tools
- Ensure that features are complete and tested based on the definition of “done” and provide test coverage
- Validate production defects aimed towards root cause analysis
- Provide risk analysis to the Scrum team for any new/updated feature
- Execute manual and automated test scripts
- Provide regular feedback to Scrum team for bugs/performance issues found during development lifecycle.
- Participate in release management process voicing overall readiness for product deployment
- Quality metrics to be gathered, collated and reported to management.
What we’re looking for:
- BA degree in Computer Science (or equivalent years of experience)
- Experience writing test plans and automated test scripts
- Experience working in an Agile environment, with 2 week sprints
- Experience with test development on web applications including API services
- Good understanding of software testing theory and methodologies
- Experience with version control systems (git preferred) is a plus
- Experience using bug-tracking tools (i.e., Jira, Bugzilla, ClearQuest)
- Basic-intermediate knowledge of SQL
- Someone who’s great at collaborating and can work well with others
- 1.5 years of software QA experience on 3-tier applications (with emphasis on back-end testing)